Federal Skilled Trade Program (FSTP)

Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP)

The Federal Skilled Trades Program is for skillful personnel who want to come to be permanent residents established on existence proficient in a skilled trade.


Federal Skilled Trades Program has minimum requirements for:

  • Language ability:
    • You must come across the essential language levels for each language ability such as writing, reading, listening, and speaking.
Federal Skilled Trades Program
  • Skilled work Experience:
    • You must have at minimum 2 years of full-time work experience (or the same amount of part-time work practice) in a skilled trade within the 5 years before you apply
    • You must meet the job necessities for that skilled occupation as set out in the National Occupational Classification, except for needing a certificate of qualification
      • You have a valid job offer of full-time employment for a total period of at least 1 year or certificate of qualification in that skilled trade issued by a Canadian provincial, territorial or federal authority
      • Skilled trades for the Federal Skilled Trades Program are systematized underneath the groups of the National Occupational Classification (NOC)
      • The most important NOC groups are sectioned into altered occupations, and they are all skill type B
    • You must show that you achieved the responsibilities fixed out in the principal declaration of the occupational depiction in the NOC. This contains all the important liabilities and utmost of the key responsibilities listed.
  • Education
    • There is no education requirement for the Canadian Experience Class.
      • If you need to increase your rank in the Express Entry pool for immigration drives, there are 2 ways you can do this.
      • If you pass away to school in Canada, you can acquire points for a certificate, diploma, or degree from a Canadian:
        • Secondary institution (high school) or
        • Post-secondary institution
      • If you have foreign education, you can get points for:
        • An accomplished foreign qualification, and
        • An Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) report for immigration determinations from a labeled institute presenting that your edification is equivalent to a finalized certificate, diploma or, degree from a Canadian:
          • secondary institution (high school) or
          • post-secondary institution
  • Proof of funds
    • Unless you have adequate funds to settle in Canada, you must prove that you have sufficient funds for yourself and your family.
      • Are currently able to legally work in Canada and
      • Have a valid job offer from an employer in Canada