Parent and Grandparent Sponsorship

Parent and Grandparent Sponsorship

The Parent and Grandparent Super Visa is a temporary residence visa that allows parents and grandparents to live in Canada for up to two years on each visit. It is legal for up to ten years. A consistent multiple-entry visa is also valid for up to ten years but only permits for a stay of up to six months per visit.

Suppose you give in to the concern to sponsor form and you are requested to submit a complete application. In that case, you can sponsor your parents and grandparents to become permanent residents of Canada.

If you do, you must:

  • Livelihood them and their dependants financially
  • Make sure they don’t need social assistance from the government
Parents and Grandparents Visa


To be eligible for a super visa, you must:

  • Be the parent or grandparent of a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
  • Have a signed letter from your child or grandchild who invites you to Canada that includes:
    • A promise of financial support for the length of your visit
    • The list and number of people in the household of this person
    • A copy of this person’s Canadian citizenship or permanent resident document
  • Have medical insurance from a Canadian insurance company that is:
    • Valid for at least 1 year from the date of entry.
    • At Least $100,000 coverage.
    • Have proof that the medical insurance has been paid (quotes aren’t accepted).

You must also:

  • Apply for a super visa from outside Canada
  • Be allowed to enter Canada
  • Take an immigration medical exam
  • Meet certain other conditions