Federal Skilled Trade Program (FSTP)
The Federal Skilled Trades Program is designed for individuals who have qualifications, skills and experiences to fill Canada’s skilled – trade’s shortages and contribute to the Canadian economy.
Minimum Requirements to qualify for FSTP
- Have an offer of employment in Canada or a certificate of qualification from a province or territory;
- Meet the official language requirements
- Have at least 2 years of eligible experience in a designated trade; and
- Have the skills and experience required to perform the occupation in Canada.
- Have the required trades Certificate
Federal Skilled Trades Program Visa Entitlements
Successful applicants and holders of a Canadian Federal Skilled Trades Class visa become permanent residents of Canada. Permanent resident are entitled to live, work and study in Canada on a permanent basis.
Additional benefits of Canadian permanent residence include access to government-subsidized education and healthcare (Medicare), as well as unrestricted access to Canada’s labour market and its associated insurance and pension benefits. Permanent residents also have the ability to apply for Canadian citizenship and the opportunity to sponsor family members to join them in Canada.